Courgette, mint and parsley soup, with sage crutons and sautéed courgette....
4tbsp of oil
1 knob of butter
2 garlic cloves
a handful of mint
a handful of parsley
500ml vegetable stock
100ml of cream
stale bread for croutons
garlic for croutons
1. Preheat the oven to 170 oc for the croutons. Cut the bread into whatever size chunk you want. Place on a tray and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, add your sage leaves and a couple of bashed garlic cloves.
2. Place in the oven for around ten mins, or until golden and crispy!
3. Finely dice your onion and crush the garlic. Heat the butter and oil in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, garlic and some salt, cook until soft but no color.
4. If using parsley from gerwins greens, take of the stalks and tie them with a little string. Add to the saucepan to flavor the base of the soup. ( this will be taken out before being blended)!!
5. Slice 3 courgettes, and add to the saucepan. Cook gently for 5 mins and then add your veg stock.
6. Bring up to a gentle boil before adding your peas, cook for 3 mins and finally add the majority of the parsley,the mint and cream.
7. Remove your parsley stalks, and blitz the soup in batches in a blender till smooth.
8. Check for seasoning, I normally add salt and cayenne pepper.
9. Finally dice your courgettes, place a non stick frying pan on the stove and over a high heat sautee the courgette until you have some color.
10. Place the soup in your bowls, add some croutons and gently pile up some courgette chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and add some chopped parsley and mint....Enjoy!xxx
If you want to eat your soup chilled, cool down over ice when ready. To serve place in bowls that have been refrigerated. I would also omit the croutons.