|The beetroot is growing well, we have red, yellow and candied to choose from....|
Roast Beetroot with thyme and garlic ( River Cafe Recipe)
|Simple ingredients. Freshly pulled beetroot, lemon thyme, garlic....olive oil... salt and pepper|
*18 small summer beetroot
*100ml olive oil
*Maldon sea salt and black pepper
*3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
*1 large bunch fresh thyme, picked from the stalks
*lemon juice from 2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 220 0c
2. Prepare beetroots, wash well and cut of leaves 5cm from the bulb.
3.Cut tin foil into 18 squares, big enough to wrap around the beetroot.
4. Place beetroot in the middle of the foil, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and lemon thyme. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Repeat with each beetroot and wrap them up individually in their tinfoil parcels.
6. Place on baking tray for around 45 mins... depending on their size.... test by inserting a knife, they should feel soft.
7. Serve drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice and herbs of your choice. Here I have used, dill, marjoram and borage flowers...the choice is yours! Delicious on their own with salad and a minted yogurt or served with a piece of pan fried salmon and a large glass on wine! xxx
|Getting ready to be packaged up and popped in the oven......|
|Ready.... and easy as.......|